Past Technical Talks
- January 26 2022
- "Big Sandy Oil Field, Woodson County, Kansas" - student presentation; "Critical Minerals in Coal Strata of the Cherokee-Forest City Basin" - Dr Hasiuk presentation
- Zach Grosch and Riley Biel - KU Petroleum Geology students; Dr. Franek Hasiuk - KU Petroleum Geology professor
- February 09 2022
- "New Interpretations of the Stratigraphy and Sedimentology of Siluro-Devonian Rocks in Exposures Along the Western Margin of the Illinois Basin"
- Brian Wilhite
- February 23 2022
- "The Tectono-Stratigraphy and Basin Fill Architecture of the Atoka-Desmoinesian Succession, Arkansas-Arkoma Basin"
- Mac McGivery, University of Arkansas
- March 09 2022
- "Early Development of a Novel Formation Imaging Tool for Cased Hole Wells"
- Robert Davis, Schlumberger (retired)
- March 23 2022
- "Gas Hydrates in the Gulf of Mexico"
- Dr. Camelia Knapp, OSU
- April 13 2022
- "Taking Seismic Geomorphology to the Next Level with Machine Learning"
- Dr. Heather Bedle, OU
- April 27 2022
- "Early Cambrian Intra-Continental Rifting and the Evolution of the Southern Oklahoma Aulacoge: An Assessment of Our State of Ignorance"
- Andrew Cullen, SVP Warwick (retired)
- May 11 2022
- Topic TBA
- Bill Fairhurst, Riverford Exploration LLC
The public is welcome.
TIME AND LOCATION
Unless otherwise noted, technical talk programs will be held at 12:30 p.m. in the Wisdom Center, located on the 4th floor of the Landmark Square Building, 212 N. Market, Wichita, KS.
For more information, phone 316.265.8676.